- 연구실홈페이지 : http://edpark.ajou.
Our group is supported by Brain Korea 21 Program and Intensive Research Center Program.
Most research subjects are closely related to the present issues in Energy and Environment.
- Catalytic Chemistry : We are trying to develop new and improved chemical reactions based on homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysts.
- Green Chemistry and Clean Technology We have been involved in developing the non-phosgene polycarbonate (PC) process, one of representative green chemical processes.
- Nano Materials We are interested in the synthesis of nano-sized inorganic materials as well as meso-structured materials. Various experimental techniques including XAFS (X-ray Absorption Fine Structure) have been applied to characterize these materials.
- Fuel Cell We have conducted some works on the fuel processor system for the polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell (PEMFC). We are going to expand our research areas to cover all kinds of fuel cell systems.
- 2001.02 Ph. D. Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH) : Catalysis and Environmental Engineering
- 1997.02 M.S. Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH) : Catalysis and Reaction Engineering
- 1995.02 B.S. Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH) : Chemical Engineering
- Work Experience
- 2006.03 ~ present: Associate Professor, Division of Energy Systems Research
- 2004.03 ~ present: Associate Professor, Division of Chemical Engineering and Materials Engineering
- 2002.03 ~ 2004.02: Senior Researcher, LG Chem.
- 2001.03 ~ 2002.02: Post Doc. Research Center for Catalytic Technology (RCCT)
- Development of highly stable combustion catalysts (Korea Institute of Energy Research)
- Low-temperature steam reforming of LPG (Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology)
- Studies on New Functional Materials (Korea Research Foundation)
- Reactor design and optimization for F-T synthesis (Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology)
- Ultra low-temperature shift catalyst (Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology)
- Characterization of POA catalyst (LG Chem.)
- Adsorptive Removal of Organic Sulfur Compounds from City Gas (Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology)
- Catalyst improvement for the synthesis of DPC(Diphenyl Carbonate) (LG Chem.)
- Selective CO Removal by Catalytic Oxidation (Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology)